Berlin-based NGO Germanwatch has published a new report about train travel in Europe, in German – you can read the report here. The focus is heavily on what Germany should do, with an eye on the 26th September Bundestag election.
The report has 6 key messages:
1. Develop a “Europatakt” clock face timetable
2. Germany should take responsibility for international connections
3. Distribute the costs of the traffic fairly between modes
4. Relieve bottlenecks in rail infrastructure
5. Start an investment initiative ‘Trains for Europe’
6. Make data available for Europe-wide ticket sales